Texas Roadhouse is renowned for its mouthwatering steaks and delectable sauces. Among its signature creations, the peppercorn sauce stands out as a beloved favorite among diners.
With our easy-to-follow recipe, you can recreate this restaurant favorite at home. Prepare to amaze your loved ones with a homemade rendition that perfectly captures the essence of Texas Roadhouse.
Let’s get cooking and indulge in the tantalizing flavors of Texas Roadhouse Peppercorn Sauce Recipe!
What is Peppercorn Sauce?
Peppercorn sauce traces its roots back to classic French cuisine, where it gained popularity for its robust flavor and creamy texture. This sauce typically features whole peppercorns, which add a delightful punch of spiciness and aromatic notes to any dish.
The creamy base enhances the natural flavors of meat, making it a versatile accompaniment to various recipes.
Why You Love This Texas Roadhouse Peppercorn Sauce Recipe?
Flavorful and aromatic: The sauce is known for its rich and savory flavors, with a prominent peppery kick. It adds depth and enhances the taste of the perfectly grilled steaks it accompanies. The aroma of the sauce is enticing and can make the dining experience more enjoyable.
Complements the steak: The peppercorn sauce is specifically designed to pair well with steak. It adds a tangy and creamy element that balances the meat’s natural flavors and adds a layer of indulgence. The combination of the sauce and steak creates a harmonious and delicious taste.
Signature touch: Texas Roadhouse has gained a reputation for its steaks and the accompanying peppercorn sauce. Many patrons associate the sauce with the restaurant’s unique dining experience, making it a sought-after recipe for those who want to recreate the flavors at home.
Versatile: While the sauce is primarily used with steak, it can also be enjoyed with other grilled meats, such as chicken or pork. Its versatility allows for experimentation and customization in various dishes, catering to different preferences.
Simple recipe: The Texas Roadhouse peppercorn sauce recipe is relatively straightforward, usually consisting of ingredients. Its simplicity makes it accessible for home cooks who want to replicate the flavors.
- Whole peppercorns – 2 tbsp
- Brandy – 50 ml
- Shallots – 2
- Double Cream – 100 ml
- Butter – 40 g
- Dijon mustard – 1 tsp
- Beef stock cube – 1
- boiling water – 125 ml
- Salt, to taste
- Sharp knife or food processor
- Pestle and mortar
- Stirring spoon or spatula
Step 1: Finely chop the shallots using a sharp knife or food processor. Set aside.
Step 2: Grind the whole peppercorns with a pestle and mortar until coarsely crushed. Then, set them aside.
Step 3: Place a saucepan on the stove and melt the butter on low heat.
Step 4: Add the finely chopped shallots to the melted butter and fry for about 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring continuously.
Step 5: Pour in the double cream, crushed peppercorns, crumbled beef stock cube, Dijon mustard, brandy and boiling water. Stir all the ingredients together until well combined.
Step 6: Reduce the heat to low and let the sauce simmer, stirring regularly, until you reach the desired thickness.
Step 7: Season the sauce generously with salt, according to your taste.
Step 8: Remove the sauce from the heat and serve immediately over a delicious steak or any other preferred dish.
Here is the video link, How To Make Texas Roadhouse Peppercorn Sauce:
Some Quick Tips For Making The Peppercorn Sauce
- Toast peppercorns: Enhance flavor by toasting them in a dry pan briefly.
- Adjust consistency: Simmer longer for thicker sauce, add water/cream to thin it.
- Taste and season: Adjust seasoning with salt or Dijon mustard to taste.
- Strain for smoothness: Use fine-mesh sieve to remove peppercorn/shallot bits.
- Let it rest: Allow sauce to rest off heat for flavors to meld together.
- Pairing options: Ideal with steak, but also great with grilled meats, veggies, or pasta dishes. Experiment and enjoy!
Here are some serving ideas for the sauce:
- Classic Steak: Serve the sauce over a perfectly cooked steak, such as a juicy ribeye or tender filet mignon. The rich and peppery flavors complement the meat beautifully.
- Grilled Chicken: Drizzle the sauce over grilled chicken breasts or thighs. It adds a burst of flavor and a touch of elegance to a simple chicken dish.
- Roasted Vegetables: Toss roasted vegetables like asparagus, Brussels sprouts, or potatoes in the sauce. The creamy and peppery sauce adds a delightful twist to the earthy flavors of the vegetables.
- Pasta: Use the sauce as a creamy pasta sauce. Toss it with cooked pasta, such as fettuccine or penne, for a decadent and flavorful pasta dish.
- Pork Chops: Spoon the sauce over seared or grilled pork chops. The creamy and peppery notes elevate the flavor of the meat, creating a delicious combination.
- Vegetable Medley: Mix the sauce with a variety of steamed or sautéed vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots. It adds a creamy and tangy element to the medley.
- Sandwiches and Burgers: Spread the sauce on sandwiches or burgers for an extra burst of flavor. It works well with grilled chicken, steak, or even roasted vegetable sandwiches.
- Dip for Appetizers: Use the sauce as a dip for appetizers like chicken skewers, potato wedges, or breaded mushrooms. Its creamy and peppery profile adds a delightful kick to these bites.
Can I make a vegetarian version of the peppercorn sauce?
Yes, it is possible to create a vegetarian version of peppercorn sauce by using vegetable stock or broth instead of beef stock cube. This alternative will still provide a delicious and savory taste, while avoiding any meat-based components.
How long does the sauce last in the refrigerator?
When kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator, the sauce can typically be kept for 3 to 4 days. Make sure to let it cool completely before refrigerating and discard any leftovers that have been left at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
Can I freeze the peppercorn sauce for later use?
Yes, you can freeze the peppercorn sauce for later use. It’s best to store it in a freezer-safe container or freezer bags. The sauce can be frozen for up to 3 months. To thaw, simply transfer it to the refrigerator and let it thaw overnight. Reheat gently on the stove, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
Can I adjust the level of spiciness in the sauce?
Yes, you can adjust the level of spiciness in the sauce by modifying the amount of whole peppercorns used. Reduce the amount of peppercorns if you want a milder sauce. On the other hand, if you like it spicier, you can increase the quantity. Keep in mind that peppercorns can be quite potent, so adjust the amount according to your taste preference.
There you have it, a delectable Texas Roadhouse Peppercorn Sauce Recipe that will elevate your steak or any other dish to a whole new level. With its rich and creamy texture, along with the bold flavor of peppercorns and brandy, this sauce is a true delight for your taste buds.
For optimal results, it’s important to take your time and meticulously follow each step.
Enjoy your homemade Texas Roadhouse Peppercorn Sauce Recipe and savor the restaurant-quality flavors right in the comfort of your own home. Bon appétit!
We appreciate you taking the time to read this article, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon for more culinary explorations. Stay Connected with DeRecipe. Happy Cooking!