Indulge in a culinary journey like no other with the viral social media sensation, Kena Peay’s A Hundred Thousand Dollar Tomato Soup Recipe. Get ready to experience a symphony of flavors that combines the rich essence of ripe tomatoes, a tantalizing blend of North African spices, and a touch of her homemade Harissa for that perfect kick.
Creamy and comforting, this exquisite tomato soup will take you on a gastronomic adventure you won’t soon forget. In just a few simple steps, you’ll be savoring a bowl of heartwarming bliss that transcends ordinary tomato soups. Get ready to taste greatness!
Ingredients Required for Kena Peay Tomato Soup Recipe
- Garlic cloves – 3 to 4 cloves, minced
- Onions – 1 medium-sized onion, diced
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp.
- Butter – 1 tbsp.
- Tomato paste – 2 tbsp.
- Harissa spice blend – 1 to 2 tbsp.
- Tomato puree – 2 cups
- Garlic powder – ½ tbsp.
- Salt – ½ tbsp.
- Brown sugar – 1 tbsp.
- Heavy whipping cream – ½ cup
- Grilled cheese (optional).
Equipment & Tools Required
- Large pot or saucepan
- Cutting board
- Wooden spoon or spatula
- Blender or immersion blender
- Soup bowls
Let’s Make Kena Peay Tomato Soup Step by Step
Step-01: In a large pot or saucepan, heat a drizzle of olive oil and a tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Add chopped garlic cloves and diced onions to the pot and sauté until they become translucent and fragrant.
Step-02: Stir in a generous amount of tomato paste and continue cooking until it starts to caramelize and release its sugars. Add a moderate amount of Kena’s homemade Harissa spice blend to the pot. Stir and allow the flavors to meld together.
Step-03: Pour in the tomato puree and mix it well with the other ingredients. Ensure everything is well combined. Season the soup with garlic powder and a pinch of salt, adjusting to taste.
For a touch of sweetness, incorporate some brown sugar (or as Kena humorously calls it, melanin sugar) into the soup.
Step-04: Now comes the creaminess – pour in some heavy whipping cream. If you prefer a dairy-free option, you can use coconut milk or almond milk instead. Optionally, you can add more butter for extra richness.
Melt it into the soup until it’s fully incorporated.
Step-05: Stir the soup occasionally, allowing it to simmer and develop its flavors for about 15-20 minutes. Once the soup reaches the desired consistency and flavor profile, it’s ready to be served.
For an exceptional pairing, consider serving the tomato soup with Panera Grilled Cheese Recipe.
Enjoy your A Hundred Thousand Dollar Tomato Soup!
Please watch the provided video for a more comprehensive understanding.
Serving Ideas for Kena Peay Tomato Soup
Here are some serving ideas for Kena Peay’s A Hundred Thousand Dollar Tomato Soup
1. Grilled Cheese: Serve the tomato soup with a side of Cheesecake Factory Crispy Fried Cheese
2. Garlic Bread: Accompany the tomato soup with some garlic bread on the side. The garlic flavor complements the soup beautifully and adds an extra dimension of taste.
3. Fresh Herbs: Garnish the soup with a sprinkle of fresh chopped herbs like basil, parsley, or cilantro. The vibrant colors and fresh taste will enhance the overall presentation and flavor.
4. Croutons: Add some homemade or store-bought croutons on top of the soup for added texture and crunch.
5. Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt: Swirl in a dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt into the soup for extra creaminess and tanginess.
6. Chili Flakes or Hot Sauce: If you enjoy a spicy kick, add some chili flakes or your favorite hot sauce to the soup for added heat. also can enjoy with Cajun Ninja Chili.
Remember, these serving ideas are just suggestions, and you can get creative with your own toppings and accompaniments to make the A Hundred Thousand Dollar Tomato Soup even more enjoyable to your taste!
Some tips for Kena Peay Tomato Soup Recipe
1. Caramelize the tomato paste: Take your time to cook the tomato paste with garlic and onions until it caramelizes. This step enhances the flavor and sweetness of the soup.
2. Adjust the spice level: Be cautious when adding Harissa spice blend. Adjust the quantity according to your spice tolerance to avoid making the soup too hot.
3. Balance flavors with salt and brown sugar: Use salt and brown sugar to balance the flavors. Taste as you go and add these ingredients gradually until you achieve the desired taste.
4. Creaminess matters: The heavy whipping cream adds richness to the soup. If you prefer a dairy-free option, use coconut milk or almond milk, but don’t skip this step for a creamy texture.
5. Consider pairing with grilled cheese: For an exceptional combination, serve the tomato soup with Kena Peay’s award-winning grilled cheese recipe. The flavors complement each other perfectly.
6. Experiment with toppings: Get creative with toppings like croutons, fresh herbs, or a drizzle of olive oil to add an extra dimension to the soup.
7. Store and reheat: The soup keeps well in the refrigerator for a few days. When reheating, do it slowly over low heat to maintain the flavors and consistency.
Kena Peay Tomato Soup Recipe is a true sensation that lives up to its viral fame. With a harmonious blend of flavors, from caramelized onions to her special Harissa spice, this soup elevates the classic tomato soup experience to new heights.
This recipe exemplifies the power of social media in sharing delectable culinary creations and spreading joy through food. Embrace the comfort and richness of this soup recipe – it’s a recipe that truly deserves its place in the limelight.
FAQs on Kena Peay Tomato Soup Recipe
Here are some commonly asked questions and and their short answers on Kena Peay Tomato Soup Recipe
1. Why do you put baking soda in tomato soup?
Baking soda is used to neutralize the acidity of tomatoes, creating a smoother and milder flavor in the soup.
2. Why add flour to tomato soup?
Flour is used as a thickening agent to achieve a creamy and velvety consistency in the tomato soup.
3. How do you make Gordon Ramsay’s tomato soup?
Unfortunately, Kena Peay’s recipe does not cover Gordon Ramsay’s tomato soup. You may find Gordon Ramsay’s recipe online or in his cookbooks.
4. How to make tomato soup without milk curdling?
To prevent milk from curdling in tomato soup, add the milk slowly and gently while stirring constantly. Avoid boiling the soup after adding milk.
5. Can I use other spices instead of Harissa in Kena Peay’s recipe?
Yes, you can use other spices like paprika, cayenne pepper, or chili powder to adjust the heat and flavor according to your preference.
6. Is the brown sugar essential in the tomato soup recipe?
The brown sugar adds a touch of sweetness, but it is optional. You can omit it or use alternative sweeteners if desired.
7. Can I substitute heavy whipping cream with a non-dairy alternative?
Yes, you can use coconut milk, almond milk, or any non-dairy alternative to make the soup suitable for your dietary preferences.
8. How long can I store the tomato soup in the refrigerator?
The tomato soup can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days. Reheat gently on the stovetop before serving.
We always appreciate you taking the time to read this article, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon for more culinary explorations. Stay Connected with DeRecipe. Happy Cooking!