Today, I will share the Cajun Ninja Sticky Chicken Recipe, which has been many people’s favorite for a long time. I can feel how happy you are from here. This dish has been on our minds for a long time, and I’m so excited to share this fantastic recipe with you.
Let me tell you a short story now. This recipe comes from the heart of Cajun country, so I wanted to ensure we did it justice. So, I asked my friend Jesse Marcel, who is almost an expert on sticky chicken. He got this recipe from his grandmother, which has been used for many years. Jesse told me everything I needed to know, and I couldn’t wait to try it!
Roll up your sleeves for a savory journey with caramelized onions and tender chicken. Let’s learn how to make Cajun Ninja Sticky Chicken Recipe!
More Cajun Ninja Recipes:
Prep Time: 30 minutes | Cook Time: 1 Hour 30 to 60 Minutes | Total Time: 2 Hours
Serving Size: Serves 4-6 people | Calories Per Serving: 388Kcal
- 4 Yellow Onions
- 4-5 lbs of Chicken on the Bone
- 2 Cups of Chicken Stock
- Cajun Seasoning
- 1 Stick of Butter
- Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Cup Cold Water
- 2 Tablespoons of Corn Starch
Equipment & Tools Required
- Large Pot
- Cutting Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Bowl (for placing browned chicken)
- Stirring Spoon
Step 1: Heat the Pot
- To begin, heat a large pot over medium/high heat.
Step 2: Prepare Onions
- Chop the onions and set them aside.
Step 3: Season and Coat Chicken
- Generously coat each side of the chicken with Cajun seasoning and garlic powder.
- Dust each side of the chicken with flour.
Step 4: Cook Chicken
- In the large pot, add the stick of butter.
- Once the butter has melted, then add the chicken to the pot and layer tightly next to one another along the bottom.
- Brown the chicken for 6-8 minutes on each side. Cooking time may vary depending on heat.
Step 5: Remove Chicken
- Once the chicken is browned on all sides, remove it and place it in a bowl on the side.
Step 6: Sauté Onions
- Add the chopped onions to the pot.
- Start stirring the onions to scrape up any remaining drippings on the bottom of the pot.
- Continue to sauté the onions for 25-30 minutes.
- After about 25-30 minutes, add a small amount of chicken stock to the pot to blend in any browning.
Step 7: Return Chicken
- Add the chicken back to the pot, pouring in any liquid from the bowl.
- Add the remaining chicken stock.
Step 8: Simmer
- Bring the mixture to a boil, cover the pot, lower the heat to a simmer, and let it simmer for 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- You can stir it every 20 minutes or so during simmering.
Step 9: Thicken the Sauce (Optional)
- At the end of simmering, if you want to thicken the sauce, mix 2 tbsp of cornstarch with cold water and blend it in.
Step 10: Serve
- Cook some rice, and your Sticky Chicken is ready to be enjoyed!
Here is the Video link, “Sticky Chicken by The Cajun Ninja”:
Serving Ideas for Cajun Ninja Sticky Chicken
- Serve Cajun Ninja Sticky Chicken over a bed of fluffy white rice for a classic and satisfying meal.
- Pair this dish with a side of steamed vegetables to add freshness to your plate.
- Try serving it with a slice of cornbread or a warm baguette to soak up all that delicious sauce.
Tips for Cajun Ninja Sticky Chicken Recipe
- Use bone-in chicken for the best flavor and tenderness.
- Don’t rush when browning the chicken; it’s essential to achieve that rich, caramelized flavor.
- Adjust the amount of Cajun seasoning and garlic powder to your taste preferences.
- If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge. The flavors will develop even more overnight.
Storing and Reheating Tips for Cajun Ninja Sticky Chicken
- Refrigeration: After preparing and enjoying your Cajun Ninja Sticky Chicken, allow any leftovers to cool to room temperature. Then, transfer them to an airtight container or sealable plastic bag.
- Refrigerator Placement: Place the container in the refrigerator promptly, ideally within two hours of cooking.
- Use Within: Consume the leftovers within 3-4 days to ensure the best taste and quality.
- Stovetop Method: Reheat in a non-stick pan over medium-low heat. Keep the chicken moist with chicken stock or water. Fill the pan with chicken and lid it. Heat chicken gently, stirring and adding liquid as needed, until heated.
- Microwave Method: Transfer chicken to a microwave-safe dish. Leave a small vent for steam when covering the dish with a microwave-safe lid or plastic wrap. Heat chicken in 30-second intervals, checking and stirring between each, until hot throughout. Avoid overheating to avoid dry chicken.
- Oven Method: Set your oven to 275°F or 135°C. Cover the chicken with aluminum foil in an ovenproof dish to retain moisture. Heat until chicken is heated, 15-20 minutes.
- Maintain Moisture: Regardless of the reheating method, you can add a bit of extra chicken stock or water to the dish before reheating to help maintain moisture and prevent the chicken from becoming dry.
- Check Temperature: To ensure safe eating, use a food thermometer to check the chicken’s internal temperature at 165°F (74°C).
The delicious Sticky Chicken Recipe from the Cajun Ninja! This dish is a stunning example of how tradition and innovation can work together to transport you to the very heart of Louisiana through your taste buds.
The tender chicken, the caramelized onions, and that delightful balance of sweet and savory make this a dish to remember.
So next time you’re craving some down-home comfort food with a Cajun twist, you know exactly what to do. Cook up a batch of this Cajun Ninja Sticky Chicken Recipe and let your taste buds dance with joy.
FAQs on Cajun Ninja Sticky Chicken Recipe
Can I use boneless chicken for this recipe?
While bone-in chicken is recommended for the best flavor and tenderness, you can use boneless chicken if you prefer. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly to ensure it’s cooked through.
Is Cajun seasoning very spicy?
Cajun seasoning can vary in spiciness, so it’s a good idea to taste it before using. You can always use less if you prefer a milder flavor.
Can I make this recipe in advance?
Yes, you can make Cajun Ninja Sticky Chicken in advance. It actually tastes even better the next day as the flavors meld together. Simply reheat it gently on the stove or in the microwave when you’re ready to enjoy it again.
What can I serve as a side dish with Sticky Chicken?
Sticky Chicken pairs well with white rice, cornbread, or a fresh baguette. You can also serve it with steamed vegetables or a side salad for a balanced meal.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out. Happy cooking, and rock and roll in the kitchen! Stay Connected with DeRecipe. Happy Cooking!