I’m glad to have you here, dear readers! As we get together on this day, the kitchen feels excited and looks forward to what’s to come. Today, I’m happy to share a delicious Brenda Gantt Strawberry Delight Recipe to make your taste buds dance joyfully.
But this time, we will try Brenda Gantt’s Strawberry Delight Recipe, which has strawberries and should be just as magical. Prepare for a culinary journey with layers of flavors, a touch of nostalgia, and a pinch of holiday magic. Let’s jump right in without further ado!
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes (for crust)
Total Time: 8 hrs. 40 mins (including chilling time) | Servings: Approximately 12-16
Ingredients For Brenda Gantt Strawberry Delight Recipe
For the Crust:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups medium pecan pieces
- 1 stick (½ cup) salted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon water (if needed)
For the Filling:
- 2 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (8 oz) container whipped topping (e.g., Cool Whip)
- 1 can strawberry pie filling
For Decoration (Optional):
- A handful of chopped pecans
Equipment & Tools
- 9×13-inch Baking Pan: You’ll need a baking pan of this size to create the base for your strawberry delight.
- Mixing Bowls: Have a couple of mixing bowls on hand—one for preparing the crust and another for the cream cheese filling.
- Measuring Cups and Spoons: Accurate measurements are crucial in baking. Use measuring cups and spoons to put in the right amount of each ingredient.
- Spatula or Mixing Spoon: You’ll need a spatula or mixing spoon to combine the crust ingredients and to spread the cream cheese filling and strawberry pie filling.
- Electric Mixer: An electric mixer (handheld or stand mixer) makes whipping the cream cheese and sugar together a breeze. It ensures a smooth and creamy filling.
- Plastic Wrap: Cover the dessert with plastic wrap before putting it in the fridge overnight. This helps prevent any flavors from mingling in the fridge and keeps your dessert fresh.
- Oven: You’ll need an oven to bake the crust. Preheat it to the specified temperature before starting.
- Cooling Rack: A cooling rack helps the crust cool down after it has been baked. This makes it less likely that condensation will form on the bottom.
- Teaspoon: A teaspoon might be needed to add a small amount of water to the crust mixture if it appears too dry.
- Refrigerator: Refrigerate the finished dessert overnight to allow the flavors to meld and the dessert to set properly.
Instructions For Brenda Gantt Strawberry Delight Recipe
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to make Brenda Gantt’s Strawberry Delight Recipe:
Step 1: Prepare the Crust
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour and pecan pieces.
- Pour in the melted butter and mix until the mixture resembles a cookie-like crust. If the mixture is too dry, add a teaspoon of water and continue mixing.
- Press the crust mixture into the bottom of the greased pan, ensuring it’s evenly distributed.
- Bake the crust in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes or until it’s lightly golden and set. Keep an eye on it, as baking times may vary. Once done, remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
Step 2: Prepare the Filling
- In a large bowl, beat the softened cream cheese and granulated sugar until creamy and well combined.
- Gently fold in the whipped topping until the mixture is smooth and fluffy.
Step 3: Assemble the Strawberry Delight
- Once the crust has cooled completely, spread the cream cheese filling over the crust in an even layer, taking care not to disturb the crust.
- Next, spread the strawberry pie filling over the cream cheese layer, ensuring an even distribution.
Step 4: Final Touches
- If desired, sprinkle a handful of chopped pecans over the strawberry filling for an extra touch of flavor and decoration.
- Cover the dessert with plastic wrap and refrigerate it overnight to allow the flavors to meld and the dessert to set.
Step 5: Serve and Enjoy
- The next day, remove the strawberry delight from the refrigerator.
- Slice and serve the dessert to your family and guests. Watch as they delight in the layers of flavors and textures!
- Serve and enjoy this Brenda Gantt Strawberry Delight Recipe!
Here is the video Link:
Special Tips and Tricks for Making Brenda Gantt’s Strawberry Delight
Perfectly Textured Crust: When making the crust, ensure the pecans are finely chopped for a cohesive texture. Adjust butter or water as needed to achieve a dough-like consistency.
Creamy Filling: Soften cream cheese properly for a smooth filling. Briefly microwave or leave it out at room temperature before blending to avoid lumps.
Layering Technique: Spread the cream cheese filling gently over the crust to prevent disrupting the crust’s integrity. This helps maintain a crisp bottom layer.
Even Strawberry Spread: Spread the strawberry pie filling evenly over the cream cheese layer, creating a balanced fruit-to-cream ratio in each bite.
Decoration Delight: For an elegant touch, lightly garnish with chopped pecans on top of the strawberry layer. It adds visual appeal and a nutty crunch.
Chilling Magic: Refrigerate the dessert overnight to allow the flavors to meld and the dessert to set properly. This enhances the taste and texture.
Customization: Feel free to experiment with different pie fillings or nuts for your own unique twist on this delightful dessert.
Nutrition Information (per serving):
Calories: Approximately 400 calories per serving
Total Fat: 24g
Saturated Fat: 10g
Total Carbohydrates: 44g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) –
Here are some common FAQs that you will be need to know when you try to make Brenda Gantt Strawberry Delight Recipe:
Can I use frozen strawberries instead of strawberry pie filling?
Absolutely! Even though the recipe calls for strawberry pie filling, you can use frozen strawberries that have been thawed and lightly sweetened with sugar.
Is it necessary to use salted butter for the crust?
Yes, the recipe recommends using salted butter for the crust. It adds a subtle contrast of flavor that complements the sweet filling.
Can I substitute the medium pecan pieces with a different nut?
While pecans provide a wonderful nutty flavor and texture, you can experiment with other nuts like walnuts or almonds if you prefer.
Is there an alternative to whipped topping?
If you prefer, you can make your own whipped cream using heavy cream and a touch of sweetener. Just whip it until stiff peaks form and use it as a substitute for the whipped topping.
Can I make this dessert in advance?
Yes, this dessert is perfect for making ahead of time. Prepare and assemble the layers, then refrigerate overnight to allow the flavors to meld.
What other fruit fillings can I use?
While strawberry pie filling is recommended, you can get creative and try other pie fillings like blueberry, cherry, or peach to change up the flavor.
How long will the strawberry delight stay fresh in the refrigerator?
The dessert should stay fresh in the refrigerator for about 2-3 days. Avoid odors by covering it with plastic wrap or an airtight container.
Can I freeze the strawberry delight?
It’s not recommended to freeze this dessert, as the texture of the cream cheese and whipped topping may change upon thawing.
Do I need to serve this dessert cold?
Yes, this dessert is best served chilled. The cool temperature enhances the flavors and makes it a refreshing treat.
Can I add a drizzle of chocolate sauce or caramel on top?
Absolutely! Feel free to customize your strawberry delight by adding a drizzle of chocolate sauce, caramel, or even a dusting of cocoa powder for an extra touch of indulgence.
And there you have it, readers: Brenda Gantt Strawberry Delight recipe! As we wrap up our culinary adventure this holiday, I hope you’re inspired to create a delectable and heartwarming dessert. From the nutty crust to the velvety cream cheese filling and the vibrant strawberry topping, each layer of this dessert tells a story of flavor and togetherness.
Remember, this recipe isn’t just about baking; it’s about creating cherished memories with your loved ones.
So, whether you’re having a holiday party or enjoying a sweet moment, Brenda Gantt’s Strawberry Delight will surely make your table happy.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out. Happy cooking, and rock and roll in the kitchen! Stay Connected with DeRecipe. Happy Cooking!