Ana’s special ube buko pie recipe is one that has been handed down through generations of her family. It’s a unique combination of classic Filipino flavors, with a hint of sweetness, and a crunchy crust that is sure to please everyone. This recipe has been perfected over the years and is sure to become a favorite in your home.
It’s a simple Recipe, but one that will leave everyone wanting more. The secret is in the combination of ingredients that create a flavor that is truly unique. The ube (purple yam) is blended with coconut cream and condensed milk to create a rich and creamy filling that is complimented by the crunch of the crust. This is then topped with freshly grated buko (coconut) for a delightful contrast of textures.
This recipe is a must-try for anyone looking to bring a taste of the Philippines to their kitchen.
Ingredients For Ana’s special ube buko pie recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 1 cup grated ube (purple yam)
- 1 cup shredded buko (coconut)
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
Tools For Ube Buko Pie
- 9-inch pie dish
- Food processor or blender
- Rolling pin
- Cutting board
- Large bowl
For Making Crust
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and powdered sugar.
- Add the butter and cut into the flour mixture using a pastry cutter or your fingers, until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolk and cold water.
- Gradually add the egg yolk mixture to the flour mixture, stirring until the dough comes together.
- Form the dough into a ball and flatten it into a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the grated ube, shredded buko, condensed milk, and evaporated milk. Mix well all of ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Roll out the chilled dough on a floured surface to a thickness of about 1/4 inch.
- Carefully transfer the dough to a 9-inch pie dish. Press the dough firmly into the bottom and sides of the dish.
- Pour the ube-buko filling into the crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is set.
- Let cool before serving.
Here is the video link:
Ana’s special ube buko pie recipe is a delightful combination of flavors that will have everyone asking for seconds. The unique combination of traditional Filipino flavors, the creamy filling, and the crunch of the crust make this recipe truly special. This is a recipe that can be enjoyed by all and is sure to become a favorite.
So, if you’re looking for something that is sure to please, then Ana’s special ube buko pie recipe is definitely the one for you. So, give it a try and enjoy a delicious slice of this unique and flavorful pie. Check on Social Media of DeRecipe for all recipe related posts.
Is Ana’s special ube buko pie recipe healthy?
No, Ana’s special ube buko pie recipe is not healthy. It likely contains a lot of sugar and fat, and may not provide much nutritional value.
Is Ana‘s special ube buko pie recipe is a Spanish food?
No, Ana‘s special ube buko pie recipe is not a Spanish food. It is a Filipino dish.
Ana’s special ube buko pie recipe famous in which country?
Ana’s special ube buko pie is a popular dessert in the Philippines. Also popular in Asian Countries.